Monday, November 24, 2008

Gray's Five Holiday Predictions

It's that time of the year again. The Holidays! We love it and we hate it all at the same time. So in the spirit of long lines, holiday tradition, and Christmas Cheer, here are my 5 Holiday predictions:

1. Football - What would the Holiday season be without it? Just think if you woke up on Thanksgiving day and the Cowboys weren't slated to play? What if there were no bowl games during the Holidays. I'm not even going to think about it b/c it is bad for my mental health. So here comes the football prediction from the BCS. Oklahoma will be playing in the title game versus Florida. Unfortunately for Texas, who beat OU head to head at a neutral field, they will be left out. Fortunately, I will not have to be watching Bama play in the title game. Reason they are the ones to get there...Bob Stoops is sleeping with the BCS and the BCS wants to cheat on Bob Stoops with Urban Meyer. UF wins big and proves once again that the SEC is the real deal.

2. Baby - One of our friends will have a press release to announce that they are pregnant...by the way...i never got the whole "they are pregnant" statement. I have yet to see a man pregnant with a baby. Someone please explain...

3. Wedding - Along the lines of baby news will come wedding news. One couple that Sarah and I have known for more than 1.5 years will announce that they will be heading to the chapel.

4. Snow - I will experience my first ever White Christmas in Denver. I have never had one of these. I have had rainy Christmas, hot Christmas, and even foggy Christmas, but never White Christmas

5. Terrible Gift - I will win the "Terrible Gift" award this year. I have avoided this for several years now and I am due for the gift that belongs in this category with genuine leather cheetah figurine, dog door stop that has red ears, and Disney snow globe that was given to a 17 year old.

Oh the Holidays! It's when we get to put the "fun" in dysfunctional!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gray:
1) if you read the news, you would know that a man recently gave birth to a baby! Yes, it's true! Check it out.

2) I will definitely get the worst gift ever.....I KNOW FOR SURE!

Unknown said...

Robbie...are you getting sexy lingerie from your MNL this year? I hope so....I need some new lingerie.....

Second, I would like to say that I was the one who received the Disney snow globe with dust on the paper