Monday, May 16, 2011

Fiser's Daily Thoughts - 5.16.11

FDTs for 5.16.11:

1. Time Management - Tried a new thing today that I read in Entrepreneur Magazine. Pretty simple, but very effective. Took 20 minutes at the start of the day to plan my day. Allowed myself 3 check-in times on social media/email accounts and had them turned off the rest of the day. Extremely productive day and I don't feel like I missed any of the latest buzz on Twitter and Facebook. Also, had plenty of time to read emails and provided replies to all that needed attention. Anybody got some more productivity tips? Please share.

2. Social Media Posting Frequency - I've seen some stats on the optimal amount and times of daily posts via social media outlets, but can't put my finger on it. Obviously optimal will be different for personal v. business accounts and who is following or a friend. Depth of content and general demographics will certainly play a role in this determination. Just curious...in your opinion what is the optimal amounts and times of social media posts for the following networks (Personal and Business): Facebook, Twitter, Blog and why? 

3. Obama in Memphis - Congrats to Booker T. Washington High in Memphis. The President spoke at their graduation today. I'm always amazed at the amount of planning and prep work it takes for a Presidential visit. I'm not sure what I would say to the President if I had a one on one conversation with him. Do you talk golf, basketball, upcoming campaign strategy, ask him to follow you on Twitter, congratulate him on Bin Laden? Also, handshake only, handshake with arm slap, handshake and one arm bro hug? What would you say and how would you act? Here is some footage thanks to Memphis station WMC-TV.

4. Big ATL Weekend - That's right 4 thoughts today...See #1.Had a great weekend in ATL for our friend's wedding. Big highlight of the weekend was eating at Wisteria. If you are in the Inman Park area, you have to stop in to eat here. You can't go wrong with the pork or beef tenderloin. Here is the menu. I'm hungry now! Are you?

No comments: