Thursday, May 05, 2011

Fiser's Daily Thoughts - 5.5.11

Pensamientos diarios Fiser para 5.5.11

1. Recently had some in-depth discussions with professionals in the real estate (commercial/residential) business about the use of QR codes and social media in their marketing efforts. I found that the residential sector is really leading the way in these mktg. efforts. Mostly b/c buying a house is much more personal than leasing office space. I still think there are tactics for both sectors, but they are strikingly different. If you were buying a house or looking for office space would you prefer to get your information about a property from a QR code before contacting an agent? What would you like to see that QR code direct you to? Floor plans, amenities, virtual tours, etc.? If a real estate agent used QR codes and SM would you be more inclined to engage with them? I know...lots of questions.


2. MobileCamp Memphis here I come! If you are in the Memphis area this weekend and have interest in mobile applications or programming then this is the event for you. You can sign up here.


3. That's right! Cinco de Mayo! Get your margarita on! Wish I could, but got things to do tonight. At least spring finals in my MBA program ended last night! ECON and MIS you're next in the cross hairs. Here is my 8.5 x 11 cheat sheet I was allowed to bring in last night. Yes...I got a headache from the 5pt. font.

   

No comments: