Thursday, January 22, 2009

Buffalo Wings - A Synopsis of the Gray Fiser Wing Career






Look out! For some of us who (might be whom right here, will someone please correct my grammar if incorrect) indulge in the delicious goodness that is Buffalo Wings, the prices are going up according to this CNN video. Although my line graph of wing consumption and 401k are strikingly similar as of late, my taste buds occasionally still tingle for those golden fried, butter bathed, ranch dipped gems. I forget, or try not to think about, how many of my meals in college consisted of wings. At the pinnacle of my wing eating career, I had 3 wing nights a week, averaging 19 pieces at each sitting. Of course, I asked for extra celery and carrots to convince myself that it was a well balanced meal. Not to mention the extra ranch and brews that provided even more balanced. Upon further review of the Nutrition, or Lack of Nutrition facts, I think this price increase might be a good thing. At 32.5 mg of cholesterol packed into a single wing, I have now discovered the origin of my heightened cholesterol levels in my blood. Since this snack looks like it will be shelved for a while, I can only dream of my favorite flavors. Here are my top 3 flavors:






1. Teriyaki



2. Honey BBQ



3. Lemon Pepper






Good thing there isn't a Buffalo Connection in Memphis because that is where I would be dining for lunch.
If you have further information on the wing crisis that looms, please comment. Long Live the Buffalo Wing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sick!