Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day - What Came to Mind





As I watched the Inauguration coverage last night, some interesting thoughts came to my mind. I know this was a monumental day in the history of the USA, and I don't intend to diminish it's significance but I couldn't control my mind. Sometimes it is like a raging tiger wanting to pounce, and last night was no exception. So without further adoo (sp?), here are some of the thoughts that went through my crazy head:

1. Aretha...where did you get that hat? If I were Obama, I would have gotten on the bag phone and called the Pentagon to issue a code red on her wardrobe. Honestly, where do you buy a hat like that? At last glance, Niemann's didn't have any in their winter catalogue. Someone please let me know where those are sold, and I will get a petition going to discontinue the production.





2. Junior High Student Dance - With all due respect Mr. President, your dance with the First Lady was worst than my first dance with Bonnie Dunn at the 7th grade fall festival dance in the cafeteria. (sorry Bonnie, but I had not yet polished my incredible moves that I possess today) You made history by becoming the first African-American President, so from now on please dance like you are the first African American President. Please leave the lame dance moves to white dudes like the W. and Wild Bill.








3. Kennedy Tries to Steal Obama's Thunder - What would a historical day in US politics be without a Kennedy episode? For the love, can we please have an event that is free of Kennedy Drama. If the episode was legit, get well soon Senator. If not, please resign b/c this was Obama's day.









4. BET Party - One news network showed the BET Inauguration party, and I was wondering if Joe Biden and his wife attended it. Maybe they got a ride with Hilary and Bill's Caddy.







5. Preach Off - I would like to see a preach off between TD Jakes and Rick Warren to see who could bring on the spiritual heat better. My money would be on Jakes. Look how intense he is.





V.













In all seriousness...Congratulations President Obama! You have made history and I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming years. I certainly wouldn't want to be in your position.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the "poet" that came after the speech....i think my 4th grade haikus were better