Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Life...According to My Pentax

With all the new phones, cameras, and posting options these days, I rarely bring out my Pentax Optio 4i, but when I do, it captures some excellent images. Here is what my life has looked like through my Pentax lens over the past couple of years. Some of the names have been changed to protect the innocent.








Date: 4thish of July 2006


This was taken shortly before we arrived at Dicky Wade's beach house in Gulf Shores, or somewhere down there. The Great White Hype and I were so excited about the 4th of July that we bought all kinds of fireworks including this MAD HORNET. As we pulled up to the condo with our arsenal that would have made the Army jealous, there were signs littering the roadside that said, "NO FIREWORKS". Needless to say it was bombs away, until some rent a cop almost captured us. For those of you wondering, we did blow up the Thumper.




Date: July 2006


Wrigley Field in July has become an annual summer ritual. There is a holy touch to this place. You know that song, "If Heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, then I don't want to go!" Well "If Heaven ain't a lot like Wrigley, then I don't want to go!"



Date: Thanksgiving 2006


This is a typical reaction at the Fiser household when asked to take a family pic. Little Sister has been crying b/c we told her that she had to change, Big Sister just refuses to change, and I am telling the camera what I think about family pictures. By the way, nice pink slippers Big Sister.





Date: October 2006


A wedding we attending on the Eastern Shore in Maryland. The wedding was much like the one on Wedding Crashers minus the senator. We were trying to get a nice couples picture until "dude" decided that he was going to ruin it. I think "dude's" name is Steve (he is not innocent). Here is a story to give you an idea of how coherent this fellow was: This was a quaint destination wedding with about 50 seated guest at the wedding, and 50ish guest that stood behind the seats.The fall breeze off of the Chesapeake Bay was tickling our noses as we watched the lovely couple engage in their vows. Dude was standing in the rear and upon the pronouncement of husband and wife, his first comment was "F-bomb Yea!" as tears of joy streamed down his face. Needless to say the whole crowd turned and looked at him in aww. Now you probably understand why "Dude" looks like "Dude".





Date: December 2006




My cousin and I look so intimidating. If I were a deer, I would hide too! These should have hidden a little better!








Date: January 2007




I didn't make a very good shot on this one! Hence the crater in his stomach. Sorry for those that have weak stomachs.











Date: December 2007


The Deer Hunting Santa came early.



Date: January 2009


Caught this one napping on the job Saturday. First Muzzeloader kill. If you look closely my smile is frozen on my face from my 4 wheeler ride to go get him.














Date: October 2007


I would like to think that this was mile 24 of the Chicago marathon, but I think it was more like mile 10. My Dad is running with me giving me the Prefontaine speech, but it isn't working very well, so he resorted to the Jimmy V speech "Never Give Up, Never Ever Give Up". I was mighty close.



Date: Winterish 2008



Two stunningly beautiful women. Christopher, I am sorry, but this is the only photo I had on my camera of you. Congrats on the engagement!




Date: April 2008


Maggie trying harmonize with Mick Jagger. Mick is telling his body guard to get her out of his face. Here is a sample of Mick's killer lyrical performance.



Jay ready to slay the drum lines. Maggie...still harmonizing in the background after repeated attempts to tell her that Mick and the Stones had the stage!
















Date: January 2008





Really not sure what ole Lew Dog is doing. It was on his bachelor party, so you can take a wild stab at this one.














Date: April 2008


Right before we got rowdy at Lew Dog's rehearsal dinner. I have to say I delivered the most stunning toast of my career at this dinner.











Date: April 2008


Not sure if Max Collinswood was hitting a high note or just had something bad to eat at Lew Dog's rehearsal dinner. Whatever it is, please step away from the wife.











Date: April 2008


Knocking out some mad riffs on the air guitar before my unbelievable solo!








Date: April 2008


Mick and his lady after making up over the harmony debacle.








Date: April 2008


Me and my beautiful bride.











Date: April 2008


Alex and our dates after eating some Krystal burgers with our shirts off.





Date: April 2008


Teddy Sheffield and Max Collinswood doing what we do best.This picture reminds me of that song by Mims, "This is why I'm hot". I know that is what comes to everyone else's mind too.




Date: April 2008
Teddy Sheffield banging out some chords on the air guitar (again), and celebrating future good times to be had by all.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think "dude" and I should meet. He seems like a pretty fun time.

Anonymous said...

1) I was crying bc i didnt want to wake up at 7 for a christmas pic....and its just tradition for me to cry for the christmas pic

2) Is will staring at your ass? I always knew he was a switch hitter